ZLuC Olympia is a one-day unconference (participant-driven conference) conveniently occurring one day after the 5th annual Olympia Zine Fest weekend! Registration is FREE and open to all interested in the intersection of zines and libraries.
Date: Monday, October 28
Location: Olympia Timberland Library, 313 8th Ave SE (corner of 8th and Franklin)
10 am: meet for breakfast/coffee at King Solomon’s Reef, 212 4th Ave E (corner of 4th and Franklin)
11:00 am: reconvene in the Olympia Timberland Library meeting room, introductions
11:30 am: set the schedule for the day
11:45 am: tour of the Olympia Timberland Library zine collection with Aggie!
12:00 pm: first session
1:00 pm: second session
2:00 pm: break
2:15 pm: third session
3:15 pm: fourth session
4:15 pm: fifth session (a short session)
4:45 pm: summaries, takeaways, action plans
5:00 pm: unconference ends, consensual hugs/high fives, potential for cocktails or mocktails to follow
Please add potential topics here (account required), or email Kelsey at email@example.com with your topic ideas! We will vote on topics on the day of the unconference unless we reach some sort of consensus on specific topics earlier and preparation is required for the topic facilitator.
- Stretching with Bruce, Olympia Timberland Library staff
- What is a zine? discussion
- Inclusion in zines
- Activism with zines
- Zine archives vs circulating zines: how and why?
- Lightning talks
- Group Zine Librarian Zine session?
- Science zines (healthcare and hard sciences)
(please add your name here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added!)
- Kelsey Smith, Lacey Timberland Library
- Agatha Burstein, Olympia Timberland Library
- Lisa Oldoski, Pierce County Library System
- Dawn Stahura, Salem State University
- Sara Peté, Washington State Library
- Kate Sellers, Seattle Public Library
- Abby Bass, Seattle Public Library
- Cindy Harkness, Seattle Public Library
- Nicki Sabalu, Spark Central