Historically zines, pamphlets, flyers and other pieces of printed material have been part of a wide variety of political and social movements around the world. Since we are in a moment in time where a lot of folks are participating in protests standing up for Black lives and against police brutality and facism we’ve started to compile a list of websites and zine library links to printable and shareable resources for activists
- Sherwood Forest Zine Library (Austin, TX)
- Sprout Distro
- Protest Safety Zine (primarily for NYC)
- Printed Matter (NYC Art book store)
- Mask On Zone (Digital guide for going to, participating in and returning home from a protest. Be sure to check out their Resources section)
- Teargas for Portlanders comic zine
A couple of notes:
- I/we (zinelibraries.info) can’t vouch for all of the steps taken to secure the rights to the zines put online. A lot of them will be CC, anti-copyright, copyleft, etc. but some may not be. You’ve been forewarned.
- If you come across something that you like or that’s useful, try to contact the creator and say “thanks” and maybe shoot them a donation if you can. Same goes for the zine libraries and distros… it costs money to keep digital resources online and alive, and it’ll always be appreciated.
Huge thanks to all the folks on the Zine Librarians email list who contributed to this.
This document most recently updated 7/28/20