Suggestion via UStream follower: design catalog for patrons, not for catalogers.
- Front end and back end will be different, so perhaps this isn’t a concern
- Multiple front ends could conceivably be available
- Once the data is in place, there’s a lot we can do–table this part of the discussion for now?
Next steps / timeline
- Apply for a Knight Foundation grant for development and infrastructure: DUE BY DUE DATE, JENNA & KELSEY and we hope others!
- Develop QZAP as prototype: DUE JANUARY 1, ERIC & MILO. Lots of people willing to help with user testing.
- Use Interference Archive catalog as prototype for sharing data
- Research other grants: DUE ?
- Plans for export import from CSV files, LibraryThing, MARC (from data dump), etc. (What are the others?) : Survey cataloging systems on Zine Librarians list DUE BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1, HONOR & CREW
- Born xZINECOREx cataloging guidelines? Other documentation, as needed.
- Union catalog admin for the user side: VIOLET